‘The Cambridge Financial English Blended Learning Course is a great way to develop your financial English language skills and prepare for the Cambridge English:Financial (ICFE) exam.’
Cambridge Financial English Blended Learning Course
Information taken from www.cambridgeenglish.org
“Cambridge Financial English has thoroughly compiled topics; the information is presented from several angles and is easy to use. The ‘online’ element is very attractive – as it gives an opportunity to study at any time and receive the tutor’s support.”
Head of Administration and Financial Department of the representative office of Sumitomo Corporation
“We’ve been exploring the programme and we think it is really modern, well organised and very well designed. All the material available is of great help to our exam preparation and we are really excited about having this opportunity to feel closer to other students from all over the world.”
Laura Canobra, Natalia Moreno, Magdalena Garat and Italo Elola
KPMG Advisory Services
Who is the Cambridge Financial English course for?
The course is for people whose first language is not English and who need to use financial English in order to perform effectively in business situations. You may be a:
- candidate preparing for Cambridge English: Financial
- finance and accountancy professional who wants to practise and improve existing English language skills in the context of your day-to-day work
- finance student who is keen to improve your ability to communicate in and understand financial English.
Why should your company choose Cambridge Financial English?
Offering Cambridge Financial English can help your organisation:
- attract and retain talented finance and accountancy trainees and professionals
- improve employees’ ability to conduct business internationally or with international clients and colleagues
- improve finance and accountancy trainees’ exam and classroom performance
- enhance your reputation among clients and stakeholders.
‘The Cambridge Financial English Blended Learning Course is a great way to develop your financial English language skills and prepare for the Cambridge English:Financial (ICFE) exam. It has been developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press. ‘ For more info visit Cambridge English website:
It’a a complete blended course which incorporates all the resources and classroom activities you will need to improve your Financial English.
The course is targeted at students with a B2 level on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) of Languages.
- 100-hour course (75% online and 25% face-to-face) (other ratio is also possible)
- Reading and Listening Modules
- Speaking and Writing Modules
- Classroom activities consolidate online learning and focus on enhansing the skills of the students using role-playing and discussions based on the material from the online units
- Student tracking and real-time reporting
- 20 topic-based modules that include Language Work, Specialist Vocabulary and Professional Skills
The course modules:
- Jobs in finance
- Basic financial accounting
- Company results
- Cash flow
- Teamwork and managing people
- Accounting software and IT
- Company formation and company law
- Internal audits and control
- Client relations
- IFRS and accounting standards
- Audit and assurance
- Banking and insurance
- Financial markets
- Risk assessment and analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt and corporate distress
- Ethics and corporate governance
- Strategic financial management
Students who complete the course successfully should be able to take Cambridge English: Financial (ICFE). This exam is available every month.